‘Tis the Season: A Christmas Dinner Checklist
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Christmas is a time for family, friends, and wonderful food. If you’re planning on hosting a Christmas dinner this year, then make sure to check out our handy checklist. This will help make sure that your dinner goes off without a hitch! In addition, we’ve included some delicious recipes and festive decor ideas. We wish you a very Merry Christmas!
A Christmas Dinner For Your Family
A traditional Christmas dinner often consists of roasted turkey or ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and various vegetables such as green beans, carrots, and Brussels sprouts.
Dessert typically includes Christmas pudding or fruitcake with brandy butter, and mince pies. Of course, the specific dishes may vary depending on personal preferences and cultural traditions.
Some families may also incorporate dishes such as glazed ham, roast beef, or lobster. Other accompaniments often include rolls, dinner rolls, and various types of relish or pickles.
A Checklist For A Christmas Dinner
As we approach the holiday season, it's time to start planning for Christmas dinner. Here's a checklist to make sure everything goes as planned:
- Decorations: Make sure that the table is decorated according to the seasonal celebration with additional detail like festive placemats and napkins, hang garlands or string lights, and place a centerpiece such as a candle holder or miniature Christmas tree. Don't forget to add some holiday music and lighting for the ambiance.
- Food: Make a menu and go grocery shopping for all necessary ingredients. Plan out the timing for when dishes need to be cooked and served. Consider any dietary restrictions of your guests.
Make sure that you have a wide variety of options so that your guests feel included and can enjoy your dinner.
- Drinks: Stock up on drinks, including alcoholic options and non-alcoholic alternatives such as sparkling cider or cranberry juice.
- Cleaning: Do a thorough cleaning of the dining area before guests arrive and make sure to have extra napkins, utensils, and plates on hand.
With this checklist, you'll be prepared for a successful Christmas dinner celebration. Happy holidays! Here are some recipes for Christmas that you can try that are easy and will help with last-minute mishaps.
Lebanese Style Caviar Crostini Recipe
- 1 thinly sliced baguette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggplants
- 1 tablespoon tahini (optional)
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 2 teaspoons Lebanese spice combination or Bharat
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- Pomegranate seeds (80g) (or 1 pomegranate, seeded)
- Heat the grill to high heat. Drizzle the olive oil over the baguette slices and grill for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden. Place aside to cool.
- Using a fork, prick the aubergines. Grill for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through until seared. Remove from the heat and leave aside to cool for a few minutes. Remove the skin and slice the meat to a rough pulp. Drain.
- Combine the aubergine pulp, tahini (if using), lemon juice, spice blend, and sesame oil in a mixing bowl. Season to taste.
- Arrange the crostini on a dish and serve. Sprinkle the sesame seeds and pomegranate seeds over the aubergine caviar. Serve.
Baked Parmesan Crusted Salmon
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (7 oz)
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium egg
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preset the oven's temperature to 425°F. Set an oven-safe wire cooling rack over a rimmed baking sheet and coat it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Toss panko, parmesan, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- In a separate shallow dish, whisk together the egg yolk and white until thoroughly combined.
- Dredge each side of one piece of salmon in egg, then transfer to panko mixture and cover and press both sides with panko mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet with a wire rack that has been prepared. Repeat with the remaining three parts. If there are any leftover bread crumbs, sprinkle them over the tops and press them into an equal layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then serve with lemon wedges.
No matter what dishes you serve or how you decorate, the most important thing is to enjoy the holiday season with friends and family. Happy holidays!