Stuffed Tomatoes with “Bonito del Norte” Tuna and Idiazabal cheese
These fabulous stuffed tomatoes really stand out with the use of premium Serrats tuna, and Idizabal cheese. They make the perfect appetizer, snack, or addition to any meal. Taste the difference in quality and taste that comes only from the name Serrats.
Ingredients: (for 2 people)
- 1 250 g jar “Serrats” Bonito del Norte (White Tuna, Albacore) in Olive Oil
- 6 small vine tomatoes
- 50 gr Idiazabal cheese
- 1 onion
- 1 pinch mild paprika
- Multi-grain loaf
- Pumpkin seed oil (or virgin olive oil)
- Wash the tomatoes.
- Cut the top off of each one and empty using a knife and small spoon.
- Put the flesh to one side.
- Chop quarter of the onion.
- Mix the tomato flesh with the onion; add a little salt, a few drops of vinegar and a pinch of mild paprika.
- Blend to obtain a cream similar to gazpacho.
- Next, add the bonito del norte to the tomato cream and mix gently, taking care to leave the tuna as whole as possible.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the mixture and place a little Idiazabal cheese on each one.
- If desired, serve with toasted multi-grain bread drizzled with a little virgin olive oil.