Spanish recipe from Fermin
We never thought we would find ourselves, everyone, in such a situation. These are, of course, days of reflection "in isolation”. Days where we are catching ourselves cooking more often than usual. For this reason, we thought to share a recipe that our Chef Ambassador, Doreen Colondres posted on social media. Comfort food like she says, is food that heal our souls.
We wanted to start the day with a positive thought and share it with all of you, like a family.
What you need for 4 people:
- 1 cup dried lentil
- 4-5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2-3 oz. Jamon, Chorizo or Lomo Fermín
- 1 small chopped fresh tomato (if you have)
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium celery, chopped small
- 2 fresh carrots, small diced
- 2 garlic cloves, small diced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley at the end (if you have)
What you have to do:
In a medium saucepan over medium-high temperature, add the oil, garlic, onion, celery and cook for 3 minutes. Add the tomato and sauté for 3 more minutes. Add the broth, the Fermin ham, chorizo and / or loin and stir for 2 more minutes. Add the broth, the lentils and when it begins to boil, reduce the temperature to low and cook for 20 minutes or until the lentils are soft. About 10 minutes before serving, add the carrots. Finish it with parsley and serve.
* You can also add chicken or ribs to this recipe.