Porcini, Sausage, & Black Truffle Pizza
There is nothing as decadent as a traditional comfort food classic like pizza morphed into a gourmet meal. Just with the addition of a few simple but tasty ingredients you can create a new family favorite and turn normal pizza night into a 4 star meal. Buon Appetito! Yield: Makes 4 Personal Sized Pizzas Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 35 mins
- 4 Individual Pizza Dough Balls - At Room Temperature
- 4 Cups Chopped Mushrooms (Porcini or Portobello)
- 4 Sausage Links Removed From Casings
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 6 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Truffle Pesto (or pesto of choice)
- 4 Tablespoons Truffle Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Truffle Paste
- 1 Cup Grated Pecorino Cheese
- Cracked Black Pepper
- In a frying pan heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and then cook the mushrooms until tender and lightly browned, then remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- Place the sausage meat in the frying pan and cook until it is cooked through and lightly browned.
- Remove sausage meat from the frying pan draining off any excess oil.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Roll out one ball of dough into a 12 to 14 inch circle and place on a cornmeal dusted pizza peel.
- Spread 1/4 of the mozzarella onto the dough spread evenly across the top.
- Next top with 1/4 of the mushrooms and sausages.
- Using a small spoon drop some of the pesto evenly on top, then sprinkle with 1/4 of the Pecorino cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until puffy and browned.
- Mix together the truffle oil and truffle paste and drizzle some of it across the pizza before serving. (you can also use shaved fresh truffles instead)
- Continue to cook the rest of the pizzas in the same manner.
courtesy of http://www.italianfoodforever.com/2009/10/porcini-sausage-black-truffle-pizza/