Thanksgiving 2022 Dinner Checklist: What You Need to Make the Perfect Dinner
It's that time of year again! The leaves are changing color, the air is getting colder, and Thanksgiving 2022 is just around the corner. For many people, Thanksgiving is a time to come together with family and friends to celebrate all that we are thankful for. It's also a good time to eat some tasty meals! If you're looking to make the perfect Thanksgiving dinner this year, then you need to check out our checklist. In this blog post, we will provide everything you need to know to have an amazing Thanksgiving feast!
A Must-Have Checklist for Thanksgiving Dinner
We created a short and thorough checklist. So that, instead of a nightmare of last-minute racing and trips to the shop to avoid rioting, you carefully arrange everything you need for this fantastic night. After all, it's your turn to host, and we know you want to impress your family and close friends.
With this Checklist, you'll arrive for Thanksgiving Dinner with a sense of calm and a desire to greet your guests with a drink in hand, without rush or worry.
- The first step of this checklist is to ensure that the menu is decided beforehand. It is important to create a great entree, appetizer, main course, and dessert that will be loved and inclusive of all your guests' preferences. For a Vegan recipe, you can try creating the green bean casserole or roasted veggies and other dishes can be your roasted turkey, roasted duck with plums, etc.
- Creating the Ingredient List: Based on the recipes chosen, get everything you can ahead of time and set away what you need to buy a day before for freshness, such as vegetables. These are the ingredients you should consider when making the dishes we suggested.
- Decor: Using fall decoration, set the theme for your dinner. Using fall-themed table runners and reds and greens will celebrate the festival. Ideally, you should consider using a light-colored tablecloth so that the pieces you'll be displaying on top look like they're on stage. Candles are beautiful components that add a lot of warmth to any space. However, try not to be overly large so that an accident does not occur or communication between visitors is hampered. Setting the tableware, cups, and cutlery with your finest china to show elegance.
- Additional Placements: Don't forget about the music, which influences the environment and mood of people present. It might be Christmas carols or nice music that encourages socializing or dancing. Drinks must be served at the proper temperature. Drinks that must be left alone can be kept more relaxed, and a small table can be put up for drinks exclusively.
In case you forget to set up your requirements before the due date, here are a few recipes to ensure you can still have a good dinner with your family.
Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
One essential component of a perfect Thanksgiving dinner is a delicious side dish. Consider adding this sweet potato salad to your spread!
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Set the temperature of the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil. Spread sweet potato cubes onto the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked sweet potatoes with diced onion, cranberries, pecans, and red pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar and maple syrup. Toss the sweet potato mixture with the dressing to coat. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Creamy Butternut Squash Risotto
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 onion
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Butternut squash, peeled and diced into tiny chunks. Dice the onion as well.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Cook the diced onion until it becomes translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the butternut squash cubes and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the arborio rice and mix it with the squash and onion mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the rice becomes slightly toasted.
- Begin adding in the vegetable broth, one cup at a time, stirring constantly until each cup is absorbed before adding the next.
- Once all the broth has been added and absorbed, stir in the parmesan cheese until it is melted and incorporated into the risotto.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve hot as a side dish for your thanksgiving dinner.
Overall, Thanksgiving dinner is about gathering with loved ones and enjoying delicious food. Use this checklist to ensure you have everything you need for the perfect thanksgiving dinner. From decoration to side dishes, don't forget any important elements that will make your thanksgiving celebration complete. Happy Thanksgiving!