9 Must-Have Modern Kitchen Tools for Home Cooks
The kitchen is the heart of the home. It's where we cook, where we eat, and where we gather as a family. To make the most of this special space, it's important to have the right tools. With the right tools, you can create magic in the kitchen, whether you're whipping up a quick meal or preparing an elaborate feast. Here are 5 must-have modern kitchen tools and how to use them.
Basic Tools for those Fancy Homecooks
The first step to a delicious dinner is keeping your kitchen supplied with the right equipment, whether you're setting up your kitchen for the first time or need to replace any worn-out things. Having these kitchen tools will make cooking fun and simple, something you'll look forward to doing. Here are our top kitchen essentials.
- A High-Quality Chef's Knife: No kitchen is complete without a good chef's knife. This versatile tool can be used for everything from chopping vegetables to slicing meat. Look for a knife that feels comfortable in your hand and is made from high-quality steel. You should also choose a knife with a bolster (the metal band where the blade meets the handle), as this will give you more control and prevent accidental cuts.
- A Cutting Board: A cutting board is another essential tool for any chef's kitchen. Cutting boards provide a stable surface for chopping, dicing, and slicing. They also help to protect your countertops from nicks and scratches. When choosing a cutting board, look for one that is made from durable materials like bamboo or hardwood. You should also avoid boards with deep grooves, as these can trap food and bacteria.
- A Set of Good Quality Pots and Pans: A good set of pots and pans is essential for any gourmet chef. You'll need pots and pans of various sizes to accommodate different ingredients and cooking methods. Look for pots and pans made from durable materials like stainless steel or copper. You should also make sure that the handles are riveted on so that they don't come loose during cooking. And finally, be sure to choose pots and pans with lids so that you can easily cover foods while they're cooking.
- Utensils: To prepare diverse meals, it's useful to have a range of equipment. A vegetable peeler, wooden spoons, a meat mallet, a slotted spoon, tongs, a ladle, and nonstick spatulas are excellent go-to cooking tools. A wire whisk and a rolling pin are particularly helpful if you enjoy baking.
- Instant-read Thermometer: It is crucial for ensuring that meat and poultry are cooked properly and to your preferences. They may be found in almost any supermarket's meat area or alongside other kitchen appliances.
- A Slow Cooker: A slow cooker is another must-have for any busy cook. With a slow cooker, you can throw together a healthy meal in the morning before work and come home to a hot, delicious dinner at night. Slow cookers are perfect for making beef stews, soups, casseroles, and so much more. And best of all? They do all the work for you!
- An Immersion Blender: An immersion blender is a versatile tool that every cook should have. With an immersion blender, you can blend soups and sauces right in the pot or pan, which means fewer dishes to wash at the end of the night. You can also use an immersion blender to make quick work of smoothies or shakes.
- A Stand Mixer: A stand mixer is a real game-changer in the kitchen. With a stand mixer, you can mix ingredients, knead the dough, whip egg whites, and so much more with ease. If you do a lot of baking at home, a stand mixer is an absolute necessity. Choose one with multiple attachments so you can get the most use out of it.
- Bakeware: Having the appropriate pans for your oven is crucial whether you're baking a cake or cooking chicken. Standard 8-inch square glass baking dishes and 9-by-13 baking pans come in handy for every meal, but it's also a good idea to invest in specialty pans for pizza, roasting, and baking.
No matter what your cooking style may be, these 9 modern kitchen tools are sure to come in handy. From the slow cooker to the basic knife sets, these tools will make your time in the kitchen more enjoyable while helping you create delicious meals that your family will love." Check out our blog on Pantries for an optimal utilisation of the kitchen space.