Bringing the Beach to Your Kitchen: Delicious Seafood Recipes from Marky's
If you're looking for a seafood dish that will transport you to the beach, look no further than Marky's. We've got all of your favorites, from grilled shrimp skewers to coconut-crusted tilapia. And our recipes are so easy to follow, even a novice cook can make them perfectly. In this blog post, we'll give you some tips and tricks for preparing seafood dishes that will amaze your friends and family. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking!
Seafood- The Perfect Summer Dish
Seafood is perfect for the summer because it is light and refreshing. In addition, seafood is full of important nutrients that are essential during the summer months when we tend to be more active. Finally, seafood is also a very versatile food that can be cooked in many different ways, which makes it perfect for entertaining at picnics and barbeques.
One reason why seafood is the perfect summer food is that it is light and refreshing which help to keep us energized and feeling good even during the warm weather months. Additionally, seafood is packed with nutrients that our bodies need especially during the summer when we tend to be more active.
Another reason why seafood is the perfect summer food is its versatility. Whether you are grilling some fish on the barbeque or enjoying a refreshing seafood salad at a picnic, there are many ways to prepare and enjoy seafood. This makes it the perfect choice for entertaining friends and family during the summer months.
Health Benefits of Seafood
There are many different nutritive benefits of seafood, including high levels of protein, healthy fats, and important vitamins and minerals. Seafood is also low in calories and contains essential omega-3 fatty acids, which can help promote heart health. Furthermore, eating seafood has been shown to improve brain health and cognitive function. Overall, incorporating a variety of seafood into your diet can help support overall health and wellbeing.
Tips to Cooking your Seafood
There are a few tips and tricks that you can use when preparing seafood dishes.
- The first step is to choose the right type of seafood for your recipe. Some types, such as shrimp or lobster, are much easier to prepare than others, like squid or octopus. You should also make sure that you thaw frozen seafood properly before cooking it, as it can be difficult to cook seafood that is still partially frozen.
- Another important step is choosing the right cooking method for your seafood dish. Some types of seafood do best when pan-fried or grilled, while others will work well in recipes like stir-fries or stews. Additionally, you should consider how long you need to cook each type of seafood in order to achieve the ideal texture and flavor.
- When preparing a seafood dish, it is also important to use the right cooking techniques and seasonings. For example, if you are pan-frying some fish fillets, you should make sure that your oil is hot enough before adding the fish, and you should add a bit of acidity, like lemon juice or white wine, to balance out the flavors. Additionally, you can use a variety of different seasonings and spices to enhance the flavor of your seafood dish.
Overall, there are many tips and tricks that you can use when preparing seafood dishes in order to achieve the best results. Whether you are new to cooking seafood or a seasoned pro, these tips and tricks can help you prepare delicious and flavorful dishes every time.
Coconut Salmon with Fresh Herbs and Lime- Instant Pot
This dish can be served with jasmine sticky rice or garlic reason or eaten as is according to your preferences. Here is the recipe:
- 1 lb smoked salmon filet, skin on (use fresh or thawed)
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk powder (dissolved in ¼ cup warm water)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or ghee
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 or 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2-inch of fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 green chili, or jalapeno
- chopped basil/ cilantro or mixed for garnish
- Put salt and pepper on the salmon.
- Sauté the coconut oil, ginger, chili in the cooker until you start to smell the aroma.
- Combine the coconut milk and turmeric. Place the seasoned salmon in the broth. Lock the lid and high pressure cook for 1 minute on for medium-rare, or 2 minutes for well done. Manually release the pressure, then open the lid and mix in the lime juice.
- Garnish with the herb mixture and serve on sticky rice, if needed. You can also make it spicy by adding sriracha sauce to the broth
Camarones Al Mojo de Ajo
- 1 lb of large, peeled, and deveined shrimp
- 6 chopped garlic
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 1/2unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the butter until shimmering.
- When the butter has melted and bubbles have formed, whisk in the salt, lemon zest, and black pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Increase the heat to medium-low, add the garlic, and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, to infuse the garlic into the butter.
- Toss in the shrimp and melted butter. Allow them to cook for 5 to 6 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes, or until completely pink in color, before removing from the heat.
- Season with salt to taste, and serve with arroz blanco, lemon wedges, and your favorite dinner rolls.
Looking for a delicious and easy seafood dish? These recipes are the perfect option! Whether you are looking for a quick weeknight dinner or something special to serve at a dinner party, these recipes are sure to impress. So why wait? Try them out today and start cooking up some amazing seafood dishes!