Banquet Star: Fresh Fish
Due to its exceptional taste, sturgeon has long been considered an exquisite fish. A real delicacy with dense and tender meat, it was a regular star of nobles’ tables.
Today, sturgeon fish is one of the most valuable and delicious foods in the world. A separate culinary treasure, of course, is sturgeon caviar. However, its meat is also a very refined product.
It is quite an interesting fact that sturgeon is called red fish, while its meat is white. This inconsistency is a legacy of the past when the word "red" meant "beautiful" in Russian.
Sturgeon meat is very tasty and nutritious, rich in vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids, improving metabolism and contributing to the prevention of many diseases and the overall strengthening of the body.
Marky’s Gourmet Store gives the opportunity to purchase fresh frozen gourmet fish, which differs from any other kind of fish with its special flavor characteristics. You decide what will be the star of your table today. Rich and dense beluga, tender and almost dietary sevruga or soft juicy sterlet – will you be able to resist such a temptation?
Your Elite Antidepressant
Scientists have proved that the category of people who regularly eat red fish is less susceptible to manifestations of depression. The risks of occurrence of hypertension or oncology are reduced by 3 times. High fluoride content strengthens the bone system. Moreover, sturgeon:
- Improves brain and cognitive function
- Lowers cholesterol
- Helps rejuvenate the skin
- Normalizes appetite
- Increases resistance to infections
Despite the fact that more recently the ban on the sale of sturgeons has put an end to the hopes and aspirations of foodies, now this fish is again available. It’s all thanks to Sturgeon Aquafarms, the only facility that has the right to trade in sturgeon. You can buy this fish at Marky’s right now. Fresh fish will become an essential element of your party, and its unforgettable taste will be your pass to the world of the most amazing gastronomic sensations.
Our Gourmet Store will happily provide delivery of fresh frozen fish directly from the warehouse to your home. High quality products and impeccable service have become the key point of our company's activities. And the flexibility and individual approach to each client has always been our tradition. So prepare your taste buds for a truly royal experience!
In The World of Cooking
According to many chefs, sturgeon is good in any form. Its large pieces can be stewed with vegetables, used in the boiled form in salads and cold soups, baked in the oven, added to the fish broth with dry white wine. Each kind of fish needs its own approach and worthy accompaniment. However, there are general rules for working with sturgeon. These are the rules of cutting.
The additional charm of all sturgeon is that it is not only very tasty meat, but also a small amount of waste: even the head, skeleton and vertebral part are used for food since they consist not of bones, but of edible cartilage. Boiled sturgeon cartilage is a wonderful addition to saltwort or hodgepodge.
In order not to be unfounded, let's look at a couple of recipes for cooking this dainty fish.
Sevruga stewed in champagne
- Add salt and pepper to the fish, put it in a saucepan, pour the champagne (to your taste) so that it covers the fish by about a third or half.
- Add pepper, a half bay leaf, a dill of fennel or a leaf of parsley, a decent piece of butter, salt to taste.
- Cover with a lid, let it sit until cooked about a quarter of an hour after boiling for a kilo of fish.
- It's easy to make a sauce from the remaining broth: just add the cream and let the sauce thicken.
Sterlet fish soup
- Set the fillet aside, cook the broth from all other parts of fish: cover them with cold water, bring to a boil.
- Remove the foam, add salt, pepper and bay leaves, cook about 30-40 min.
- Remove the boiled pieces of fish from the broth, filter it through a cheesecloth, return to the fire.
- Add onions and potatoes, bring to a boil, cook about 7 minutes.
- Add fish fillets and half a glass of dry white wine.
- Turn off the fire and let it sit under the lid for about 15 minutes.
- To prepare the marinade, clean and wash 2-3 carrots, 1 parsley, 2-3 onions
- Cut them into thin slices or straws, add to the pan, add 3-4 tablespoons of vegetable oil and lightly fry (for 10-15 minutes).
- Add a glass of tomato puree and spices to the pan – a bay leaf, pepper, 3-5 cloves, a piece of cinnamon, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Then pour half a cup of weak vinegar, one and a half cups of broth or water into asaucepan, bring to a boil, season with salt, sugar and chill out.
- Add salt and pepper to the fish, roll it in flour, fry in vegetable oil, cool and pour it with the marinade.
A great idea is to serve fish with crispy salted cucumbers, sauerkraut and pickled mushrooms. It is unlikely that any of your guests will remain unhappy. Most likely, they will prefer to stay at this table forever.
One of the most stunning features of sturgeon is that when it is cooked, regardless of whether you know how to do it or not, it is equally delicious. That is, inept cooking does not spoil it. Royal fish will forgive you all your culinary errors and help make your foodaholics' dreams come true. But you are not going to mistake. Isn’t it, dear foodies?