Are you ready for Easter Season?
Are you waiting for the magnificent holiday of Easter and looking for the new ideas of what to cook and the ways how to amaze your family and friends with perfectly decorated festive table? You are in the right place to find practical information about this Christian holiday, including few interesting receipts, celebration ideas, and other tips for you to rejoice an unforgettable Easter season.
First of all, you should know that Easter is the holiday, which occurs the Sunday after Good Friday and is aimed to commemorate the resurrection of Jesus Christ three days after his death by crucifixion – it is the central event of the Christian faith. Being a public holiday, it is traditionally celebrated in different parts of the world by all major branches of Christianity and, depending on a certain country, can be observed in different times of the year.
Every nation has their special celebration traditions owing to the different historical background. However, no matter which country you belong to, wide preparations are marked to make this day as special as it can be. You can be sure that you are ready to meet the day of Easter if, first of all, possess the knowledge of the dishes to be cooked, and secondly, have extraordinary table decorating ideas.
Marky's wish you a very happy Easter and we've made a special Sweet Easter Gifts page at our Gourmet Store. But that's not it, we've also want you to enjoy 3 amazing and unusual recipes for you Easter dinner and some table decorations ideas.
3 remarkable Easter recipes
We've prepared several Easter video receipts for you this week. So enjoy the cooking!
❶ Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs.
For this appetizer you need following ingredients:
- 8 extra-large eggs,
- 4 ounces minced smoked salmon,
- 2 ounces salmon roe,
- 2 ounces cream cheese,
- 1/2 cup sour cream,
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise,
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives,
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice,
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper,
- 1 teaspoon salt.
Place the eggs in a pot and bring to a full boil over high heat. As soon as the water boils, turn off the heat, fill the pot with cold water until the eggs are cool. Peel and slice them in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place them in the bowl of an electric mixer, add the sour cream, salmon, cream cheese, lemon juice, mayonnaise, chives, pepper, and salt; then beat the egg yolk mixture on medium speed until fluffy and fill the egg whites with it. To blend the flavors, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. When it is time to serve, garnish with some extra chopped chives and salmon roe. Bon appetite!
❷ Glazed Baked Ham.
To cook the main Easter dish, you should use:
- 1 fully cooked ham,
- 3 cups brown sugar,
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard,
- 1 can soda,
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar.
Score the surface of the ham in a diamond pattern about 1/8-inch deep and place cloves in the middle of each diamond. Preheat the oven to 325 F and bake the ham for about 2 hours (or a bit longer). When it is in the oven, heat the brown sugar, mustard, soda and vinegar until thick (about 15 minutes). Wait 2 hours of baking time, and then brush the glaze on the ham in 20 minutes intervals until it is glossy. The main dish is absolutely ready to be served.
❸ Foie Gras Hot Chocolate.
To taste this unusual receipt, you should prepare:
- 6 ounces foie gras that is cut into large chunks,
- 1 cup whole milk,
- 1 cup heavy cream,
- 1 cup hazelnut milk chocolate,
- 1/4 cup dry port,
- 4 marshmallows (optional), and sea salt.
Combine the whole milk and heavy cream in a small saucepan and bring it to a simmer; then whisk in the milk chocolate. Transfer to a blender with the foie gras, and blend the foie gras hot chocolate until smooth. After that, bring the port to a boil and cook about 5 minutes. Drizzle each serving cup of hot chocolate mixture with the reduced port and sprinkle with sea salt. If desired, top with marshmallows. Do not be afraid to add something new to your Easter festive table!
Easter table decorating
We also present to your attention some useful Easter table decorating ideas:
- Use a cool colored table cloth to beautify the table as it is an important base for the rest of décor (do not use bright colored table linen, because it would probably take the focus away from the dishes and other essential decoration elements).
- Place a vase with a large bunch of freshly cut flowers on a festive table to assure everyone that it is a special holiday they are all gathered to celebrate.
- Use special dinnerware with floral motifs to greet a spring season. Different prints will keep attention focused on your centerpiece.
- A lovely idea would be to put colorful eggs on a wide plate filled with dry grass or in a wicker basket and place it in the center of the table.
- Prepare small Easter theme treats for your guests and put them into small bags (for example, candied fruits or candied almonds).
- Following a certain color theme during the celebration is also a very creative idea. Choose two bright and suitable colors for decoration, for example, yellow and blue, and use them as the tone of certain dishes, flowers, dinnerware, candles, napkins, and also as the elements of guests’ clothing (it can be a pretty tulip in women’s hair or men’s suit jacket pockets).
Easter holiday is a perfect opportunity for intimate family gathering. So catch the chance to greet vibrant spring season together with all your nearest and dearest! Products of Marky’s Gourmet store will help you to make the occasion of Easter much more memorable.