Slow-roasted tomatoes with Iberico ham & artichokes
A delicious recipe featuring Slow-roasted tomatoes with Iberico ham & artichokes
- 1/2 cup sea salt flakes
- 4 - 6 plum tomato, halved
- 8 slices 5J Iberico ham
- jar artichokes
- handful black olives, Spanish or Kalamata
- handful small-leaved flat-leaf parsley
- olive oil, to serve
1. Heat oven to 140C/fan 120C/gas 1. Make a thick layer of salt on a baking tray, top with the tomatoes, cut-side up, then slowly roast for 3 hrs until they are semi-dried. Remove from the salt and, if keeping for longer than a day, store in a sterilized jar completely submerged in olive oil.
2. To serve, arrange two slices of ham on each serving plate. Toss the tomatoes, artichokes, olives and parsley in a little oil, then arrange in the center. Serve with some breadsticks.
The result is is delicious tasting slow-roasted tomatoes with Iberico Ham that you can serve as an aperitif at your next get-together.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, July 2008