Little puff pastry boats with “Bonito del Norte Cogote” Tuna Fillets
Category : Recipes | Posted : Aug 8, 2014
Simle and tasty little puff pastry boats with “Bonito del Norte Cogote” Tuna Fillets will turn your dinner into a unique event.
- 1 can “Serrats” Bonito del Norte (White Tuna, Albacore)
- Cogote Fillets in Olive Oil
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 slice boiled ham
- Tomato sauce
- Cheese cubes with Herbes de Provence
- Mixed grilling cheeses
- Garlic shoots
- Olive oil
For the little boats:
- Preheat the oven to 180-200º.
- Use the tuna can (empty and clean) to shape the little boats.
- Cover the outside of the can with ¼ of the puff pastry.
- Flatten the pastry until it is the same shape as the can and cut off any extra.
- In a bowl, mix the honey and a few drops of water.
- Microwave for 15 minutes.
- When the mixture is diluted, use it to baste the pastry and bake in the oven for 10 minutes with the can opening facing downwards.
- Remove the pastry from the mold and repeat the operation to make the other 3 little “boats”.
- Put a layer of tomato sauce and a little oregano in the bottom of the pastry cases.
- Put a slice of boiled ham on two of the little boats.
- Top with a little of the grilling cheese mixture and put to one side.
- Microwave the garlic shoot with a few drops of oil.
- Slice into pieces and add to the other two little boats.
- Add the cubes of cheese with Herbes de Provence.
- Place tuna fillets on each little boat, without having strained off too much of the liquid.
- Top with a little grated grilling cheese and a little more oregano.
- Lastly, put the little boats in the oven (switched off but still warm) for a few minutes, until the cheese has melted as desired.
from the website cookingwithserrats.com