Rosh Hashanah Pavlova Dessert
Category : Recipes | Posted : Sep 17, 2014
- 3 egg whites (from large eggs)
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- 1 t vanilla
- ½ tsp. white vinegar
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Mix the corn starch into the sugar.
- Pour the sugar into the egg whites a little bit at a time while mixing.
- When the mixture is thick and stiff (ie. You should be able to turn the bowl upside down without the mixture falling out), add the vanilla and vinegar.
- Mix just enough to combine.
- Line a cookie sheet with baking paper, and heat oven to 250 F.
- Spoon the mixture into a circle, about 1 inch thick. Then build it up around the sides to create a bowl shape with a nice well in the center.
- Bake for 1 hour, then turn the oven off and leave the shell inside for several hours. Do not open the door until it is fully cooled.
- Keep the base in a cool, dry place for up to 2 days, until you’re ready to use it. It should be crisp on the outside and sticky and marshmallowy on the inside.
- 1.5 cups heavy cream (dairy) OR 8 oz. Rich’s Whip (non-dairy).
- 2 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. Bonne Maman honey
- Beat heavy cream until soft peaks form, or beat Rich’s Whip until stiff.
- Gently mix in the honey and vanilla.
- Spoon cream into the shell.
- Chop up 1-2 tart green apples and lay them gently on top of the cream.
- Drizzle with defrosted Boiron: Pomegranate Coulis.
- Serve immediately.