Truffles & Mushrooms Guide by Marky's
Black truffles grow in the ground near the oaks and birches. With black-and-brown skin, these mushrooms have a red-brown color of flesh inside. Truffles are distinguished with a strong, persistent, original and a very distinct aroma and slightly nutty flavor. Believe it or not, this flavor also adds to the cost of truffles. Yet, such correlation is understandable if we learn more about how truffles are harvested and stored.
The truffle harvest can vary greatly from year to year, which certainly affects the Black Truffles price. The high cost of these fungi caused by specificity of conditions for their growth, the method of collection, storage and of course, the refined taste and aroma.
Truffles season is relatively short. For Winter Black truffle it is the period from November to March, and for Summer Black truffle – from August to the end of autumn. The duration of the season is another factor that affects the price of the product. Accordingly, just then fresh truffles are the most prized: many restaurants announce the beginning of the season and create a special menu for tasting delicacy. That is also the time when truffle price naturally gets higher.
For further storage, truffles processed for fragrant oils, sauces and other delicious Black Truffle specialties or you can buy fresh truffles in our gourmet store. Are you still wondering “How much are truffles at Marky’s?” Explore our online catalog right now.
Marky’s gathered in this section the best products from Black truffles for your highest satisfaction!
Explore the Black Diamond Collection at Marky’s
French gastronome and gourmet Jean Brillat-Savarin was the first to call the truffle the diamond of the kitchen. Just like this precious stone, the truffle is a rare and beautiful delicacy.
To offer you a rich collection of these flavorful gastronomical treasures, Marky’s has selected premium-quality black truffles and black truffle specialties from trusted French, Italian, and Asian purveyors.
So, how about buying a couple of diamonds to spoil yourself or to make a fancy gift? Here you will definitely find an affordable and enjoyable option.
- Fresh black truffles. Please pre-order them online so that you’ll receive the best mushrooms right from France.
- Frozen or preserved black truffles from France and Italy. These options will be a great solution for you if you aren’t going to use the mushrooms for cooking immediately.
- A truffle puree, paste, or sauce will work as a scrumptious condiment for a special dinner. And now you don’t need to search for its recipe. You can simply order this delicacy at Marky’s today.
Everything You’d Better Know About the Black Truffles Price
Especially, before you buy them. A few real-life facts about this unique delicacy will help you accept and even justify the answer to your question: “How much do truffles cost?”
Let’s first check the figures and quotes to define the real value of the black truffle for gourmets.
- The black truffle cost ranges from $1,000 to $2,000 per pound, depending on the season. Summer truffles are less expensive.
- The owner of Italtouch, Massimo Vidoni, argues that when you smell the black truffle, you feel its aroma in your throat. Will you take his word or try yourself?
- Despite the rarity of the fungi and the complexity of harvesting them, truffle prices are expected to make this delicacy even more exclusive year after year. Experts and gourmets explain this tendency with the increasing demand for truffles in international haute cuisine.
- Chief Truffle Officer for American Truffle Company, Robert Chang, says that preservation of truffles in sauces, oils, or even honey allows connoisseurs to enjoy the delicacy regardless of time and place. Besides, the truffle mushroom price is usually lower if you opt for a truffle product, not the truffle itself.
At Marky’s, you will also find truffle sauces and purees, “truffled” butters and cheeses, and chocolate truffles, though they are not made of mushrooms.
Store Black Truffles at Their Best
If stored properly, black truffles will flavor up your dishes even in three-four months after you buy them.
As soon as we deliver fresh black truffles to you, here is what you should do to keep them safe and sound from one week to several months:
- Wrap the mushrooms in a clean and dry paper towel. You’ll need to change it daily.
- Put them into an airtight container and place at the top shelf in the fridge. Or if you want to reserve them for some future occasion, place the container with truffles in the freezer.
- Check the container every day to remove possible condensation. Truffles don’t like it.
If you buy frozen truffles, you can keep them in the freezer for a few months. But before cooking, let them come to room temperature. So, they’ll release even more of their aroma.
For preserved truffles and truffle specialties, check their shelf-life on the packages. And from Marky’s you always have a guarantee of the freshest delicacies.
Like a diamond always beautifies the spot where it’s placed, a slice or two of a black truffle will wonderfully complement every dish you’ll add it to.
Turn your scrambled eggs and pasta into Michelin-restaurant treats with black truffles from Marky’s.
Check our collection and find the most satisfying answer to your questions “How much are black truffles today?”