Meats, Pate & Poultry Guide by Marky's
Types of sausage
There are regional differences of opinion about aссepting one or the other сlassification of the food item. In the English-speaking world, the majority of the population acknowledges сlassification that includes such sausages: fresh (Siskonmakkara – mild Finnish delicacy), fresh smoked (Mettwurst – flavored German one), сooked (Braunschweiger, hot dogs), сooked&smoked (Kielbasa sausage that is traditional Polish dish made of ground beef or pork), dry (salami), vegetarian with tofu or soya protein. One classification that is more general includes boiled, boiled&smoked, half-smoked, uncooked smoked and dry-cured deli sausages.
Some interesting historical facts
• Different climate zones have caused the appearance of a variety of discussed product’s recipes. For example, in the north people cooked raw sausages, in the southern regions – dry ones by drying them in the sun. Modern dry types include sudzhuk and basturma. By the way, the nomads dried meat under the saddles, they gave it a flat shape.
• Homer and Cicero mentioned the sausages in their literary writings, so it is pretty possible that the delicacy already existed more than 5 thousand years ago. By the way, the Roman legionnaires were given a daily portion of meat that looked like a sausage. The Romans celebrated the Lupercalia feasting on such meat. At that time, the Chinese also prepared it using lamb and goat meat. Thanks to China, different spices appeared in Europe, so that sausages (already flavored) became truly delicious.
• The process of adding other ingredients (except of meat) to it started after the Second World War when the US food technologists offered to use starch to compensate for a quarter of the amount of meat in finished product. Even earlier, in the late 19th century, a large amount of fat and vegetable ingredients was added into cooked (boiled) meat products.
• The Germans have long been considered to be sausage tycoons, as they introduced more than a thousand varieties of the delicacy. In other European countries, there are also many unusual extra tasty deli meats: in Italy – Salami (the Italians used to prepare it using donkey meat, fat and red wine); the Neapolitans cook peppered Salami; Bologna residents prefer boiled Mortadella made of pork, the Milanese and Swiss – Cervelat. Hungary and Spain produce smoked and blood gourmet sausage. The British add apricots, apples and even oysters to it. The Finns make special delicacies – black pudding “Mustamakkara” and salmon "Lohimakkara".
Gourmet sausages online
Marky’s special section dedicated to gourmet sausages offers you a range of delicacies, which will definitely appeal to your taste. So, why should you buy sausage at our store? Let us see the main reasons:
• Makry’s sausage price is very attractive, for sure such high quality products are worth to try for this modest sum of money;
• Marky’s choice is always wide, so everyone can find something to taste;
• Marky’s sausage delivery is quick and reliable, we work 24/7 to satisfy all your desires;
• Marky’s sales are regular and profitable for you, so purchasing sausage for sale at our gourmet paradise, you save money.
No doubts anymore – buy sausage online and enjoy!