Vermont Crème Fraîche
This remarkable Crème Fraîche is made in the USA by Vermont Creamery. It is the closest you can find to French Normandy crème fraiches. It is a decadent, French-styled cultured cream that is rich and velvety with a slightly tangy and nutty flavor. It is perfect for thickening sauces and soups, and is a traditional accompaniment to caviar as it smooths out the saltiness of the eggs. Its rich taste will bring a depth of flavor and a smooth texture to caviar, baked goods, soups, desserts, and sauces. One container, 8 oz.
What Is Crème Fraîche?
You may think of crème fraîche as of thick, rich, and mild-flavored sour cream or yoghurt. Yet, the making processes slightly differ for each of these dairy products. That’s why they also have different culinary properties.
Centuries ago, making crème fraîche was an advantageous way to preserve leftover milk. Today, with a similar manufacturing technology, crème fraîche has turned into an all-purpose ingredient.
The cream is cultured with lactic acid bacteria and left at a room temperature for some time. The bacteria create an acidic environment where the milk can’t spoil. The cultured cream gradually thickens and acquires a delicate tangy flavor.
Tips on How to Use Crème Fraîche
The texture and savor of crème fraîche make it a ubiquitous accompaniment of multiple foods in various dishes. Here’s what you can do with it.
• Serve it as is. Crème fraîche is a delicious dip that doesn’t need any complements. You can enjoy fresh vegetable or fruit slices with it.
• If you want to experiment with flavors, mix crème fraîche with some lemon juice, lemon zest, chives, and dill. You can also serve it as a topping for vegetable dishes, latkes, or pancakes.
• Substitute yogurt and mayonnaise in salads.
• Add crème fraîche to your soup, pasta, and other hot dishes. Unlike sour cream, this dairy product doesn’t curdle due to higher percentage of fat. So, it’ll share all its creaminess with your dish.
• Use crème fraîche as a spreading for tarts or crepes. It’ll add mass to your favorite fruit preserve and make the dessert more creamy.
And of course, pair crème fraîche with your favorite caviar. Because their textures and flavors are so different, these foods make a perfect gourmet combination. You should taste it yourself.
Shelf Life and Storage
If you buy a batch and don’t open it at once, crème fraîche can keep its texture and flavors for about two weeks in the fridge.
After you open the batch, try to finish it in no longer than three days. And if you don’t use crème fraîche, put it in the fridge.
We’ll ship it via FedEx Priority Overnight. So, you’ll be able to open your batch in one day. (Please note that it’s one business day.)
|Quantity in stock||Available for sale|
|Shelf Life Refrigerated||1 Month|
|Storage Type||Refrigerated Only|
|Shipping||Product is perishable and will be shipped via Overnight shipping|
|Ingredients||Grade "A" cultured heavy cream|
Vermont Crème Fraîche
This product is perishable and will be shipped by Overnight Shipping.
Approximate shipping time is 1 business day.
If you place the order now, the closest possible date to receive your order is Sat, May 21st, 2022. (Extra charge for Saturday delivery is $16.00).