Caviar Guide by Marky’s
Being among the most valuable food product the black Sturgeon caviar is one of the most wholesome products. The Sturgeon caviar has all the benefits of the healthy seafood and is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, proteins, minerals, and vitamins that make it an ideal part of any healthy diet or a recreation course after heavy disease. One of the advantages of this product is the way it is cured, it is called 'caviar malossol' which means 'little salt' in Russian. After several stages of cleaning the roe undergoes a short curing process for about 4-5 minutes in a warm brine after which it turns into a highly delicious Sturgeon caviar.
If we speak about the true caviar we actually mean the whole range of the Sturgeon caviar (or Sturgeon roe sometimes) because only the species of the Sturgeon family are the source of the product that is very often called 'black caviar' just like in the Russian language where this tradition came from. This family is not very big and counts only 27 members most famous of which are the Beluga, Kaluga, Osetra, Siberian Sturgeon, Sevruga, Sterlet, Hackleback, and White Sturgeon. These are the species that haven't changed for the last more than 50 million years. They have witnessed the rise and fall of the dinosaurs, the creation of the modern Earth as we know it, the birth and evolution of the human, the rise and fall of the empires. After serious decrease of the Sturgeon population in its natural environment the aquafarms became of extreme importance supplying highly wholesome and delicious products like caviar and fish flesh in a sustainable way and thus providing the people a possibility to buy Sturgeon for a reasonable price without harming the wild nature.
The kinds of Sturgeon caviar
- Kaluga caviar is one of the top quality kinds and is remarkable for being the closest analog to the highly valued Beluga Sturgeon caviar that was banned for importation in 2006. Being very similar to the Beluga fish, the Kaluga is the biggest river fish in the world and is often called 'river Beluga' because most of its life it spends in the river basins and not in the sea like Beluga. This huge species has also big eggs of amber or pale golden to jet black color with pearlescent envelope. Its rich flavor is delicate and tender with the inherent nuttiness and butteriness of the Sturgeon caviar and the texture of the is velvety with soft envelope. There are different kinds and sorts of the caviar like Kaluga Fusion Amber, Golden caviar Sturgeon, and Black.
- Osetra Sturgeon caviar is the most popular and sought after kind of caviar. This is the optimal product in terms of the flavor, taste, appearance, quality, and the price of Sturgeon caviar. There are many different kinds of it and every one of them has its own peculiarities of flavor, taste, size, and texture but what they have in common is the perfect balance of salinity, unrivaled natural sea flavor, buttery juice under soft and delicate envelope, and again the world famous and highly appreciated refreshing nutty flavor which is bit more pronounced than the one of Beluga and Kaluga caviars.
- Sevruga is smaller than Osetra but it doesn't make its flavor less noticeable. Vice-versa Sevruga is famous for its most intense flavor, it is very smooth and intense at the same time, combing the rich sea notes with the traditional nuttiness of the caviar. The smaller size of the pale to dark gray juicy beads only influences the caviar sturgeon price which is a little bit lower and more affordable.
- Sterlet is the smallest fish in the Sturgeon family so the eggs are small too but the quality and the flavor is much bigger than their size. It can be compared with Sevruga but is even better in terms of flavor and appearance. Its flavor is more pronounced and rich keeping the traditional nuttiness and buttery texture of the juicy brine inside the small eggs of pale to deep gray color. The Sterlet Sturgeon price will make any true gourmet be satisfied.
- Siberian Sturgeon caviar comes from the farmed fingerlings originating from the Siberia and being of nearly similar edible quality, size, and appearance it can clearly compete the Ossetra in the caviar Sturgeon price.
- Hackleback is the American native Sturgeon family member that is the source of the true caviar which can be compared in flavor, taste, size, and texture with Sevruga and Osetra. Its truly sublime small beads of jet black color with glossy appearance have more expensive taste and flavor than the real Hackleback Sturgeon caviar price. The Hackleback's short maturation period makes if easier to farm and thus allows more people to buy sturgeon caviar.
Here at Marky's Gourmet Store we are offering you a wide choice of high-quality products and you can buy caviar online for the best price!