Buy on sale at www.markys.com
Blinis with Smoked Salmon and Osetra Caviar
You will need:
2. Slowly whisk the warm milk into the yeast mixture, discarding the bay leaf, making a smooth thick batter. Mix in the sugar.
3. Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Using a metal spoon, gently fold the beaten egg white into the dough. Leave the batter to rest for at least 10 minutes.
4. Heat a heavy non-stick frying pan. Lightly coat with oil. Drop tablespoons of the blini batter into the pan, spacing well apart. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the blinis. Turn the blinis over gently using a palette knife or spatula and cook on the other side for a further 2 minutes.
5. Transfer the cooked blinis to a large flat serving plate. Repeat the process until all the batter has been used to make blinis.
6. Bring the smoked salmon to room temperature, which brings out its flavour. Cut the smoked salmon into squares roughly the size of the blinis. Mix together the crème fraiche, chopped chives, olive oil and a pinch of salt.
7. Using a teaspoon place a small dollop of crème fraiche onto each blini. Top with a piece of smoked salmon and follow with another dollop of crème fraiche.
8. When all the blinis have been topped in this way use the handle of a teaspoon to add a small amount of caviar to the top of each blini.
9. Serve the blinis with lemon wedges and black pepper.